Sunday, November 26, 2006

Websites I have owned

A couple days ago I noticed that the second domain which I used to own, but let lapse, has been picked up and used by someone else. In the midst of dotcom venture capital frenzy I registered reddit.com with the idea of turning it into "textbooks online" where university lecturers could publish reading lists for their students, publishers would make the relevant texts available electronically, and the days of the university library shelf being bare would be over (and someone would pay handsomely for all this to happen). I even went as far as writing it all up and presenting it to my new 'New Media' employers as very definitely my own idea, and not a piece of IP created on their shilling.

I also recently let lapse saxonthebeach.net - seems it's been taken over by a bunch of hairy fellow Californians.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home