Sunday, March 19, 2006

Pledge success!

I'm astounded! 5 people have signed up to the pledge I initiated here last week. That means I need to do something about it. Watch this space.Now I'm worried I might have been overly optimistic about finding an altruistic piano tuner, or even that the piano there is too past it to be worth the effort. But we'll see - watch this space.

Perhaps we should make it an 'alternative commuter jazz' one Friday when there's nothing on at the QEH in the months ahead. It could be a perfect alternative venue for that - not too far away, and right beside a huge commuter station. Do let me know what you think.

4 Comments:

At 10:41 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Andy. I can't remember exactly how I stumbled across it, but I was one of your pledge signers. I had a couple of spells in hospital and remember how miserable it was. Anything to brighten someone else's day.

 
At 11:04 pm, Blogger Big Buzzard said...

Many thanks - greatly appreciated. I'll look into the practicalities over the next few days and send another message to the pledge signers.

 
At 6:27 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Andy

Do let us know how you get on - we'll be pleased to promote your performance on the local website at www.london-se1.co.uk

 
At 7:25 am, Blogger Bloominjools said...

So I've pledged, how do I get the money to you? I was expecting some sort of "We're taking your money now" thing at the end of signing up. Is it as straight forward as sending you a cheque maybe? I think I spend too much time on the computer - I'd forgotten about cheques! Hope you're doing OK. Love Jools x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home