Saturday, March 11, 2006

Session No 2

Went back for more today. Back to creaking mode - as there was a queue of people ahead of me waiting for a machine. They haven't worked out my 'target' weight yet. When your kidneys don't work, you retain fluid, so part of the dialysis process removes it (part of the reason for the magic weight loss the other day!). Today it was set a bit high - something over a litre - and all of a sudden, I started feeling really hot, light-headed and generally spaced out. I thought I was about to pass out. Two or three nurses rushed over and rectified the situation, by lying me down and pumping saline solution into me. Seems my BP dropped to 80/40. A bit of a fright, but now I know how it feels.

2 Comments:

At 9:34 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am following the blog closely - hope to see you soon, lovely Andy.

big hugs
x

 
At 5:39 pm, Blogger Big Buzzard said...

might be sooner than you think...

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home